Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Big Brothers IV

With the final squadron of the 2e Cuirassiers I decided to try out some different tones on the horses.


The officer is mounted on a black. Many blacks are a very dark brown. So I've used that as the highlight with an even lighter brown around the mouth and sheath.


As always, the trumpeter is on a grey. However, rather than the near white of the others, this one is on a dappled grey. All grey horses are born chestnut, bay, or black and fade over time to grey. They can retain their dappling for many years, sometimes not completely greying out until their teens.


As we have not yet accomplished my dream of living next to the stables, overlooking the horses as they graze. I use photos of t'internet as a handy reference. In the case of the trumpeter's mount, I used the one below, but allowed the light grey/white dapples to accentuate the highlights somewhat more than one the real horse. If enough people are interested and like my results, I'd do a specific post on how I paint horses sometime.



You'll note that I've also gone for darker tones than my norm on two of the troopers, based on this example of a faded black:


Once I've completed the brigade command stand, I'll post up a picture of the full regiment.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar