Yup that’s most of what we have been doing this weekend , cleaning up leaves . Papa had Friday off and we did , well … leaves lol then yesterday as it was a rainy day we went to town did a bit of shopping then came home and relaxed . Today turned out to be a lovely day after the cloud disappeared and we did … Yup you guessed it more leaves . this time Miggs didn’t play in the leaves as we didn’t pile them up like we usually do , I just blew them with the leave blower into rows and Papa went over them with the tractor and scooped them up into the baggers and then go rid of them . My tractor Betsy and I were working with the trailer dumping leaves but Betsy is a little off as she may need to get a belt replaced and her gears are a little sticky so she is out of commission for now . I just realized we are almost at the end of October I cant believe we are going into the last week of October already .
Friday I had a camp fire going as I love the smell of wood smoke as we are out there and it helps to burn up some old wood that cant be burnt in the wood stove in side !
Papa went up onto the porch roof to get the leaves off of it as it makes a mess on the roof from our big old tree and the leaves rot on there if left , which is not good for the shingles .
Miggs was puttering more today as the cooler damp air has been making her stiff and ache a bit more all though she needs to learn to slow down and take it easy and not chase after critters as much when she is sore and achy lol !
So not much really happening here just enjoying the birds , Miggs and the weather which has been not to bad so far and just puttering .
Lots of trees in the valley are bare now , I think all their leaves end up on our lawn , seems like it lol ! I think we will have one or two more leaf clean ups then that should be that for the season .
All done for the day now , it is late afternoon and I will be putting our Sunday roast of beef in the oven for supper , having veggies and roast potatoes with it and gravy YUMMY ! This time of year and through out the winters Sunday dinners are a roast of some kind with all the trimmings then a nice Cuppa tea and maybe a sweet treat then relax for the evening with full tummies .
Until next time .
Country Gal

0 Yorumlar