Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book


When I think about my youth and my humble beginnings as a card collector, one memory always rises to the top among the other cherished memories of bike rides, recycling dirty old aluminum cans for spending money, ferry rides to Seattle to see the Mariners and of course, baseball cards; The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I find this book immensely enjoyable. Perhaps it's the random stories, tied to an even more random selection of baseball cards. Perhaps it's just one of very few books published that is associated with my passion. Perhaps it's just another link to my childhood. Whatever it may be, the book is just plain FUN!

I obtained my (first) copy by ordering through the Scholastic book orders we had as grade schoolers. You could count on my orders being baseball related. We'd scan the catalog of available books and find the newest issues available. "Have it, have it, have it...oooh! That's new. I want it!" It was painstakingly difficult to wait for those books to arrive by mail, but the payoff was incredible. The day the books arrived, those boxes were opened and the books spilled forward in their colorful delight!

I now own four different versions, in both paperback and hardback, as well as a couple first edition copies. I have not purchased a new copy in many years, but I still own the original book I got as a child among the other newer copies I gathered along the way. If you have not read this book, I suggest finding a copy and reading it. You won't regret it if you love cards as much as I do.
"Goodnight Sibby Sisti, wherever you are"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar