Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sunhats - A Beauty Investment

In this new year, I finally complete one of the beauty tasks I have been meaning to do for the longest time, that is, to get a sunhat.

Front view. I am in love with ribbons/ribbon shapes. :P

I think this should be one of the wisest beauty investments to make, especially if you live in a year-round sunny country like Singapore.


I guess it's the recent comment by my beautician that has been bugging me till now that pushed me to finally buy the sunhat. She told me that I have a single sunspot on my left cheek, and that I should start using whitening products. It might be because she wanted me to purchase the new whitening serum by her supplier, but comments like this can be quite worrying right.

Anyway, I am really happy with the sunhat because it fits all the criteria meted out by one of those girls on Nu Ren Wo Zui Da.

Here is what to look out for when looking for in a good sunhat:

1. Covers all round, including your ears.


2. Wide enough rims that give enough shadow to cover your face (if it's too short, it wouldn't be of much use.)


Covers all round, and wide enough rim.

3. Is highly portable (can be rolled or folded up to be carried around in your tote bag all the time, just like an umbrella).

Can be opened up - Velcro.

And rolled up nicely, so it fits into my bag. =)

4. Has an open top (closed tops can get stuffy if the day is sunny but not windy).

5. Sits nicely on your head of course.


6. Nice design that you like and suits your general dress style. Otherwise you wouldn't wear it.


7. Reasonable pricing. I saw extremely nice ones at Isetan, but it's like $70 per hat. Nono.
I guess material is personal preference. I like both straw and cloth hats but the cloth one I found is not an open top. So I chose this.

The girls on Nu Ren Wo Zui Da can get really paranoid sometimes. In the keeping white episode that I watched, one of them even wears a mask that makes you look like those people dealing with toxic gases.

And they always wear long sleeves too. Something which I really can't stand. Too hot in Singapore. In Taiwan, Korea, China, Japan etc, there is strong sun, but the overall temperature is still lower than in Singapore. So they can go around in thin long sleeves.

Yup, so remember the 3 basics steps to skincare (as published in ST Urban):
1. Cleanse
2. Tone
3. Sunscreen


While I still can, I hope to do as much as possible to shield myself from the harmful UV rays. And this includes using hats or umbrella, and wearing long sleeves.

PS: I got my hat from BHG. I think they offer a really wide range of nice hats. Was so tempted to get hats in other styles just for fashion too. Cos my friends always say I look really good in any hat. (I have a problem with sunglasses though. I look uglier than ugly in 99.99% of the sunglasses out there.)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar