For one of the few times in my life, my primary vote counted for something. I proudly cast my vote for Bernie Sanders. He won Indiana's delegates, due in part to my support.
Not really. I chose a "R" ballot. You didn't really think I voted for that communist mofo did you? But it was with great glee we watched the returns crawl across the bottom of the TV screen showing Hillary losing yet again. Can you imagine the shrill anger and panic behind closed doors at her campaign headquarters? No doubt f-bombs and ashtrays are flying.
The Trumpster won big. GOPers better take note, the Donald is picking up lots of blue dog democrat votes throughout the rust belt. That is not a bad thing. I am no Trump fan, but whatever it takes to defeat Clinton. Another four or eight years of the Democrats will doom us. Obama claims his economic plan has worked to a T. If 0.5% growth is what he considers success, then I guess he really does want to destroy the country.
It looks like we are looking like a Trump/Clinton choice come November. I will once again lament the choice. As I have said for a long time now, is this really best we can do as a nation? Out of 300,000,000 people these are the choices to lead the free world? That is a sad state of affairs indeed. I have no doubt the citizens of ancient Rome had the same lament starting with Claudius.
My polling place is around the corner. Literally 100 or 150 yards from my house. I walked over around eleven to cast my vote. I had to wait about 15 minutes -- a long time for a primary election. As I was walking back hiome I heard a voice call my name. WTH? I don't know anyone around here. I looked and it was my son-in-law taking an early lunch hour to cast his vote. I guess I do know someone.
It is again cold and wet. I could write those words as the weather report five out of seven days since about February. I hope you have a great Wednesday.

0 Yorumlar