Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Walk Down Memory Lane

January 23, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but it is cold here.  At the moment it is 22F degrees, but it is supposed to warm up to around 38F degrees.  At least that is what the weather man is saying.  We still have some nasty winter weather coming, but I'm not sure what or when.  I'll tune in to the Weather Channel in a little while to see they are saying now.

Let's get right to the Day 23 word "Shave".  This is something that Pogo and I don't do, so I have no items for shaving lying around.  I almost decided to use an alternative word for today when I remembered something that I bought at the supermarket yesterday afternoon.   I just got out the package of Shaved Pastrami and took this photo.  Hmmm, good thing I bought it!


I also have a photo for the Day 5 word "Small".  I took this photo of Pogo as he was waking up from a nap on the sofa.  He is very small, only six pounds which is two and a half pounds more than he weighed when I first got him.


I also have a photo for yesterday's word "Hope" that was sent to me from Beth, a fellow blogger.  The symbol for breast cancer is on this image, and it is an inspiration for hope that we will find a cure for cancer.  Thanks for sharing, Beth.  It's more fun to do this project when someone else is doing it too.


Well, yesterday after Joe got home from work, we left to go grocery shopping, after a stop by the bank and the post office.  The highway is close by the Post Office, so we decided to shop at Market Basket instead of Walmart.   This was good because it gave me a chance to pick up a few different items that Walmart does not carry.  Like the shaved pastrami! 
 
I love this on-line shopping.  A couple of days ago, I ordered a book for daughter Audrey, and yesterday morning I received an email telling me that it was already shipped and on its way to her.  I think that this is one of the better things that came out of progress.  Not only do I not have to leave the house to make a purchase, but I also don't have to make a trip to the Post Office to mail it to anyone.   Definitely good progress.
 
I sometimes wonder what my memories will be like if I live to be 100 or more.  Right now, I can remember so much in the way of progress.  Recently I watched a commercial for a new toilet.  It had a sort of laser flush on it.  You just pass your hand in front of the flush button, and it does the job itself. 
 
 My memories take me back to the day when there was a three seater with no flush at all, and then to a "modern" toilet with a wooden water box high up on the wall and a long chain hanging from it to pull for a flush.  After that came the "all in one" unit with the flush handle attached to the tank on the back of the toilet, and now one that flushes itself.  Amazing!
 
I also remember the cobble stone streets, and my Grandpa coming to visit in a horse drawn surrey.  The roads changed from cobble stone to black  tar, and now a type of cement pavement.  The horse drawn surrey soon became an automobile, to a beach wagon, to a modern new car.  More amazing memories.   There are so many more, but they can wait for another day and another post.
 
The update for this weekend's weather so far is a little snow tonight, and then freezing rain and snow for an icy tomorrow.  Looks like a great day to stay indoors and maybe crochet a while.
 
Now I think I'll make me a hot cup of coffee and see what's for Pogo's breakfast.  So till Sunday, Y'all stay warm and have a fabulous weekend.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar