Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Big Thank You and a New Contest!!

First off, I would like to thank Bob McLain at the Disney Dispatch for his generous gift of a 1st edition copy of Christopher Finch's The Art of Walt Disney. He provided the book as an incentive for your generous gifts to the charity drive for Women at Work. To date, I have received $300. The drawing was made up of all those who have given since the project began and December 9, 2010. Each donation, regardless of size, was given a number in the order that they were received and those numbers were written on equal size pieces of paper and placed in a hat. My wife, who never visits this site - go figure, was selected to draw the paper out of the hat.

The winner of the drawing from the Disney Dispatch drawing is...

BARBARA GURSKEY!
Bravo and well played

To those who have given, I thank you. For those who have not...well...you still have a chance. All of the people who were not selected will be tossed back into the hat and get a shot at something very special from Ryan Wilson at the Main Street Gazzette. Ryan's site is one of the best dealing with the topic of the Disney theme parks. I know I go there every couple of days to see what is new. He has a keen eye for the details that is right up my alley. As Ryan told me, fundraising is a marathon and not a sprint. So in that spirit he has generously donated possibly the best book about Walt Disney World's history Since the World Began. If you don't already own this book then tough luck because it has been out of print for a long time. That is, unless you participate in the charity drive. Thanks Ryan. This is a very special opportunity. I will draw the name for this book on Thursday, December 16.
Let me finish with one more note. I just read an incredible article by Jeff Kober on Mouseplanet called Are Disney Cast Member Mousetrapped? As you can imagine by my standing on this soapbox, I have become hypersensitive to those on the front lines that make our society function. The article demands your attention because for many of us, the interaction with the Cast Members is what makes the magic really happen. The legendary Imagineer John Hench said that reassurance is at the core of the Disney theme park experience. That reassurance comes from the people who smile at us, help us enjoy our day, and make sure we are safe. Jeff has done a great job of finding the balance and it is worth your time.

Stepping down from the Soapbox now.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar