Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ARCHIVES : Clarissa Explains it all fashion inspiration

I am guessing the way I feel about the 90s is like the way that people in their late 30s/40s felt when I discovered the 80s. 
Its like a quiet level of smugness that you have discovered something that no one else has ever thought of. 
So lets have a look at Clarissa Explains It All. In the 90s, I would rush to make sure I never missed an episode of this.  I was too young to really care when CEA was about. I didn't really care about boys at that stage and I hadn't figured out I liked girls either so I didn't fancy Melissa Joan Hart. I was there for the fashion. 
I loved clothes. I used to grab a pen, paper and sit drawing her outfits for hours. I loved it. I would make sure that I had everything just right then I would color it in. I would draw them as separates before thinking of how to pair them together. I thought I was destined to be a great fashion designer.
I didn't realise how much I didn't want to be a fashion designer until I was 18 at art college when I switched to sculpture!!
 A lot of the stuff I saw when revisiting the series this morning is available on the high street at the moment. It does make me laugh.  The image above with the hair like that, I see so many girls doing this hair style. I do think it looks terrible though!!!
 High waisted mom jeans are all over Topshop at the moment. They are every bit as unflattering as they were then too.

 Scrunchies are back as well. Sadly.
 Docs with leggings? Check.


Knee high socks? Yeah...Mind you, thats been around a while. There are a lot of the long necklaces as well with crystals on them. That weird 90s spirituality trend! Crystals, dream catchers, etc...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar